Thursday, October 17, 2013

Tutorial time with Karen

Hello CCM friends! We have a super fun card and tutorial by our amazing DT member Karen to share with you today using our new October freebie called Thanksgiving.
You can grab it HERE and join the fun!

Thanksgiving-full

I have a "two-for-one" goody of a post for you today! Not only do I get to show you the darling new FREE digi from ChiChi Memories (yup - I said free), but I also get to share a tutorial with you!

Thanksgiving-closeup

This darling little digi is perfect for this Thanksgiving season. We actually just celebrated Thanksgiving this last weeked here in Canada, and while I was cooking a turkey for my family, I looked just like her (okay, that might be a little bit of a stretch - as my preparations included a few choice words when I realized I couldn't fit the stuffing into the oven because the turkey was too big - other than that though... ;)). I coloured her up using Copics (my tool of choice for colouring), and used some cute new paper from DCWV called Modern Meadow. And the base of the card is actually a center-step card, and let me show you how you can create one too!

Thanksgiving-side

STEP 1

CCMT51

Cut a piece of 5 1/2" x 8 1/2". This will give you a standard 4 1/4" X 5 1/2" once folded.

STEP 2

CCMT52

Measure 1 " in from one of your 8 1/2" edges. Starting 1 1/4" away from the 5 1/2" edge use a craft knife (or paper cutter) to cut from this 1 1/4" mark to the 7 1/2" mark. Flip over your paper and repeat along the other 8 1/2" edge.

STEP 3

CCMT53

You are now going to do some scoring in the 1" border you created. Using a scoring board, create score lines at the 1 1/4" mark, the 2" mark and the 5" mark. Make sure this core line only goes from one of the 8 1/2" mark to the 1" cut line you create. Flip over your paper and repeat along the other edge.

STEP 4

CCMT54

Working in the space between your cut lines, create a score mark at the 4 1/4" mark. Make sure you stop at the cut lines!

STEP 5

CCMT55

Fold your card so the 2" score line is a valley fold and all others are mountain folds. Using your bone folder to crisp up the folds. Decorate as you would like!
It's really that easy! Once you have those score lines in place you have a fun little fancy fold that fits in a regular envelope.
So, go pick up that cute ChiChi Memories freebie (and perhaps one or tow others as well ;)) and come join us for the challenge this month! We always love to see what you create!

Thanksgiving-dimension

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...